FUMIGATION PREPARATION CHECK LIST
• Note: Bagged means placed inside double Nylo-fume bags
• INFANT/BABY & HOSPITAL MATTRESSES: Any mattress with a vinyl type of fabric covering must be removed from the property. If you have a zipped plastic/vinyl mattress cover, you only need to unzip the end of the cover. The same holds true for zippered clothing bags, they need to be unzipped.
• FOOD ITEMS: All food items must be removed or bagged. This IS REQUIRED BY LAW. Please find below items that need to be removed or information regarding other food items:
• Any food packaged in paper, plastic, cellophane or cardboard must be removed or bagged.
o Refrigerated and frozen food must be removed or bagged.
o Jars that have been opened must be removed or bagged.
o Cans with flip tops (such as spices) and plastic tops must be removed or bagged.
o Unopened cans, bottles or jars do not need to be removed or bagged.
• Opened soda bottles need to be removed or bagged. If the seal has not been broken, you do not need to remove it. This
includes the large bottles of water.
• Any alcoholic beverage, where the original seal has been broken, must be removed or bagged.
• Wine bottles with factory sealed corks intact do not need to be removed or bagged they should be laid on their side.
• Pet food that is in factory sealed cans do not need to be removed or bagged, opened cans must be removed or bagged.
• The ice in the icemakers should be emptied.
• MEDICINE: Please be sure to take with you any medication you might need while you are gone. Please remove or bag all
• ALL PETS - INCLUDING FISH: All living creatures MUST BE REMOVED from the property.
• This includes aquariums with fish/marine life, snakes, etc. If dogs or cats are going to be left on the property, they must be
kept in a kennel from which they cannot escape, and they need to be kept a minimum of 10 feet away from the structure. We
recommend that cats be boarded, as they tend to try to sneak back home, and our crew does not have time to constantly watch
for any animals trying to enter the structure, nor are they responsible if any remain inside the structure unnoticed.
• POTTED PLANTS: Remove all indoor potted plants. If you have potted plants and planters around the structure, they will
need to be moved a minimum of 10 feet away from the structure.
• VEHICLES: If a vehicle is to be left in the garage or carport, we must have complete access to it. All doors, trunks, etc.
THIS IS THE LAW. If you leave, and we do not have access to the vehicle, we will be forced to cancel the fumigation.
• VALUABLES: Jewelry, cash, guns, and any item of high value should be removed from the property for your own
peace of mind. If you choose to hide the items, please make a note to yourself as to where you hide them so that you will be
able to find them later.
• SAFES, VAULTS, CLOSETS, CARPORT & GARAGE LOCKERS, CABINETS AND ROOMS: All must be unlocked and
opened. If any of the above mentioned items are locked and inaccessible, we will be forced to cancel the fumigation if we
cannot gain entry. A $250.00 fee will be charged under these circumstances.
• MEDICAL BREATHING APPARATUS: Must be removed - Please feel free to call our office if you have any special
concerns in this area, if we don’t have the answer, we will contact the chemical company directly for the answer.
• Water the soil along the foundation to a depth of 6 inches the day before you are scheduled for your fumigation. This will
protect the plant roots and create a better seal for the fumigation tarp.
• Please note that the FUMIGANT IS A GAS and does not leave a residue like an ant and spider spray does. You do not
need to wash dishes, clothing or bedding unless doing so makes you feel better.
• You do not need to remove or bag makeup, laundry detergent, soaps etc. because these are items that you do not ingest.
• Arrangements must be made for the fumigation company to receive the door keys from you or an authorized individual the
day of the fumigation and a place designated for the keys to be left on completion of the fumigation.
• PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE IF YOU HAVE ANY ITEMS OF CONCERN NOT LISTED WITH THE ITEMS
ABOVE, OR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN ANSWERED ON THIS SHEET OR
THE OCCUPANTS FUMIGATION NOTICE 818-386-0502 OR 1-866-905-7378.
all work guarenteed
- Pest Control
- Termite Control
- Gopher Control
- Rodent Control
- Fungus Control
- Nuisance Bird Control
- Landscape Pests & Weeds
- Tree & Shrub Fertilization and systemic insecticide
- Sanitation and Deodorizing
- Deck and Fence Restoration
- New Construction Wood Treatment